4 Day PMVA/MOVA Training
Introduction to PMVA/MOVA Training
The Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression (PMVA) Training course has been designed and developed to meet the needs and expectations of customers whose employees regularly deal with violence or aggression during the course of their work and, who need to employ all the skills from conflict management, breakaway to physical restraint. The course is delivered over 4 days and builds on a frame work of knowledge underpinned by current Law, Regulations and Guidance.
The following information gives an overview of the topics covered during the 4 days. Candidates are expected to actively participate in group exercises, general discussion and will be required to demonstrate effective team working skills. A requirement of all candidates is a reasonable level of fitness and general health in order to participate in the physical elements of the course and all candidates will need to complete a fitness questionnaire in order to ascertain this
- Introduction to workplace violence.
- Understanding Reasonable Force: Common Law
- Understanding Reasonable Force: Section 3 (1) of the Criminal Law Act 1967
- Human Rights Act Article 2
- Health and Safety at Work Legislation:
- Sections 2, 3, 7 & 8
- Regulations 3, 8 and 14 of Managing Health and Safety at Work
- Self awareness
- Proactive service delivery
- Communication skills
- Signalling non aggression
- Defusing and calming
- High risk conflict
- Lone working protocol
- Post incident support
All our Conflict Management trainers have attended the NHS CFSMS Conflict Resolution National Syllabus Familiarisation Seminar & are able to meet the 10 objectives as identified by CFSMS relating to the Conflict Management National Syllabus.
- Relevant legislation dealing with violence & aggression including criminal law.
- Escape from wrist grabs, body grabs, hair & clothing grabs.
- Breakaway from strangulations including attacker using ligatures.
- Dealing with punches, head butts, kicks, & groin attacks.
- How to deal with assaults whilst on the floor.
- Use of defensive body positioning & personal space.
- Aspects of good communication skills.
- The “what if’s”.
Day 3 & 4
- Basic Law related to restraint
- Health & Safety at Work Regulations
- The Childrens Act (If Required)
- Human rights Legislation
- The use of your Communication Skills to prevent Restraint wherever possible
- Positional Asphyxia risks
- Non-Harmful Methods of Control
- Teamwork: Contact and Cover
- Restrictive methods of control
- Controlled Take-Up and Down
- Distraction techniques (only if required)
- Demonstration of techniques that should not be used.
- Pain compliance techniques if required
PLEASE NOTE: This is a sample programme which can be adapted for your specific needs.
Trainers facilitating the course follow the ICM code of practise and the all Wales NHS Passport The company has also been accorded ICM Quality Award Centre status (QAC Registration Number QAC2022) which means that all physical breakaway skills have been risk assessed and have fulfilled the criteria set out by the ICM Quality Award
Why not visit us on face book: www.facebook.com/BasisTrainingUkLimited
Who should attend?
All employees who work within an environment where there is a requirement for the use of restraint
- Power Point presentation, case studies
- Demonstration & Practice Under Observation
Duration of course
Number of delegate places
Follow the ICM code of practise and the all Wales NHS Passport The company has also been accorded ICM Quality Award Centre status (QAC Registration Number QAC2022) which means that all physical breakaway skills have been risk assessed and have fulfilled the criteria set out by the ICM Quality Award. Trainers are ENB A74 Qualified. who has attended the NHS CFSMS Conflict Resolution National Syllabus Familiarisation Seminar & are able to meet the 10 objectives as identified by CFSMS relating to the Conflict Management National Syllabus. Lone Working & Conflict Awareness Corporate Personnel Training. Edusafe Personal Safety Programme. Level 2 BTEC Award in Breakaway & Self Defence & Physical Restraint Practice
A Booklet is issued to all attending the course along with a certificate of attendance.