This course is designed to equip those who may have to deal with an armed assailant.
a 2 day course
training is necessary
The course covers:
- Realise that self-defence/disarming techniques are used when all other options have failed, it is a last resort
- Understand the different UK laws that cover you in defence of yourself
- Your best options when faced with a weapon is to run away if possible.
- Remember your first duty of care is to yourself
- If possible, remove yourself safely from the situation, only try to disarm the assailant when all other options have failed
- How to deal with certain assaults against a person
- Learn how to effectively disarm and remove the weapon from static holds
- Learn how to effectively disarm and remove the weapon from assailants lunging movements
- Know the quickest & safest escape from strangles / dealing with blunt & sharp weapons
- How to apply an effective stance, in order to deal with head butts, punches and kicks
- Assess and use your environment, thus working out the quickest possible escape route to minimize confrontation
- Remember in self defence you can get hurt, where a weapon is used it can be your life!!
The course is designed for your input. The two days course is a basic introduction to basic techniques.
Interested in this course? Want to know more about how we can customise it for you or your organisation? Drop us a line today.
Looking for more detail, why not download a sample course itinerary? This will give you a full rundown of the typical activities within this course.
The training our staff have received has been first class & we now have had our trainers trained by this company & are still continuing a long relationship with them.Dumfries & Galloway NHS Trust
This company has been able to adapt training to our specific requirements, and have always been very helpful in each area that we have requested training. Excellent companyMetro West Yorks, Passenger Transport Executive